The Royal Saskatchewan Museum (RSM) is a natural history museum in Regina, Saskatchewan. It was established in 1906 as the Provincial Museum after Charles Noddings found a large boulder with a carved face on it in the Beaver Hills area on December 25, 1905. When Noddings donated it to the Province of Saskatchewan, the stimulus for a provincial museum was born. The first museum in Saskatchewan, and the first provincial museum in the three Prairie Provinces, the institution was formed to secure and preserve natural history specimens and objects of historical and ethnological interest. The museum received royal patronage from Queen Elizabeth II, and was renamed the Royal Saskatchewan Museum in 1993.